Re: [gpm] Keyboard Backlight Support

On 30 September 2010 11:32, Alex Murray <murray alex gmail com> wrote:
> Just wondering if there were any plans to support keyboard backlight
> control again using g-p-m?

Well, I don't have any hardware with a keyboard backlight, but it
would be a "nice to have".

> I know it used to be supported but was removed (in
> c8a560caf488129c03a4e437ff7bd54f173c2f55) which I assume was due to
> HAL being replaced by UPower.

Correct.

> Do we need udev + UPower to come to the party first?

Yes, I think support needs to be added to something, although I'm not
sure what. UPower is just a power mechanism, so you could argue it
should go there.

> Basically this is something I'd love to help contribute but I don't
> really know where to start...

I think sending a note to the devkit-devel mailing list, and asking
for opinions there would be a good start. Note, we've got most of the
code in the old hal addons, we just have to decide where it needs to
live.