Re: [gpm] How do I request support for the battery level of my Bluetooth mouse (Logitech V470)?

On 31 May 2010 03:33, Jonathan Pritchard
<jonathanr pritchard+mlist gmail com> wrote:
> I've just bought a Bluetooth mouse and I remembered seeing a while back,
> a picture of g-p-m showing the battery level for a wireless mouse. This
> doesn't happen for me with Fedora 12, with latest updates. I was
> wondering where I could request support for my particular mouse with
> this feature? It's a Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse.

Well, GPM already supports CSR mice and keyboards using the support in
UPower. I'm guessing the bluetooth mouse doesn't use CSR, else it
should have just worked.

The problem is that the specifications for getting the battery level
via bluetooth are not published, and I don't think there is a way to
get the battery level in Linux yet. I guess the specification will
have to be reverse engineered like CSR was.

If you know of any open source projects that *can* get the battery
level for your mouse (no matter how hacky) or of any specifications
released by logitech then I can probably add the required bits to
UPower. Without specs, code or device, there's not a lot I can do,
sorry.