Re: [gpm] ongoing issues for ~ 2 years with gnome-power-manager and nvidia cards older than gf8000

On 14 May 2010 14:29, Benedict Stein <benedict stein googlemail com> wrote:
> atm it still looks like the issue which got a workaround some time ago isn't solved.

Sure, nobody has volunteered to fix this. As you can imagine, it's
nearly impossible fixing hardware you don't have physical access to.

> Changeing brightness in generalll work very well with
> Usage: smartdimmer [OPTION]...
> So I guess there is some kind of mislinked configuration - and would be pleasant if you'd help me to solve this bug.

GPM doesn't use smartdimmer. Does the machine export a working
backlight in /sys/class/backlight or an interface in X? You can check
for the latter by installing the xbacklight command.