Re: [gpm] Preference option for adjusting wifi power

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:

> On 28 June 2010 09:34, satanand burla <satanand burla gmail com> wrote:
> > Or should wifi power control be the business of  networkmanager ?
>
> Yes, or even the kernel. The kernel is in a better place to enforce
> and inspect latency requirements from drivers.
Well, IMHO, kernel is not going to implement policy. The drivers
already have the mechanism. All we need is a user land app that will
implement a policy. Of course, if there is any QOS requirement kernel
will not honor  the request. I am not sure if we can convince them (
the driver guys) to implement powersave by default. Networkmanager
looks to be a better option but where would it fit in scheme of things
(in the nm-applet) ?