Re: [gpm] laptop suspending on lid close while on AC

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 23:36 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I have a Toshiba Tecra M9 which since updating to Ubuntu Karmic has this
> strange problem where it will suspend when the lid is closed and the AC
> is plugged if the lid close happens before anyone has logged into a
> desktop session.
>
> So to clarify steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. boot laptop with lid open
> 2. wait for boot to complete
> 3. but before logging into the gnome desktop...
> 4. close the lid
> 5. watch it suspend
> 6. open lid
> 7. watch it resume

I discovered another very interesting data point on all of this.

If I prevent gdm from starting at all, the lid can be closed without
suspending the laptop.  So it seems that some kind of default policy is
being applied (i.e. while waiting for a user to log in) by the session
gdm is running in that is defaulting to suspending when the lid is
closed, even when AC is plugged in.

Any idea how/where I can find this policy?

b.