Re: [gpm] [new to the list] - Brightness applet

On 8 December 2010 09:46, Adrien Bruneton
<adrien bruneton googlemail com> wrote:
> I noticed quickly that in the very last GIT versions (2.92 +) the
> 'applets' sub-directory disappears completely from the source code. Will
> the applets be discarded or move to another package in the next
> releases ?

In GNOME 3 (The next major version) there are no more applets and
gnome-shell takes over. The brightness settings in gnome-power-manager
have already moved to the "screen" control center panel. If you _need_
a brightness slider for whatever reason then you need to talk to the
nice people in #gnome-design, or email the gnome-shell mailing list.
If an interaction designer gives me a mockup for how to properly
integrate it into the shell, it's really a few lines of code to make
something really slick.