[gpm] CPU frequency manager support

Hi all,

the CPU frequency applet is, AFAICT, the only GUI to configure the CPU
frequency in GNOME 2. This is a rather unfortunate situation, because
the CPU freq applet is definitely non discoverable (it requires to be
manually added to the panel), and furthermore it will most probabily
be deprecated with the upcoming GNOME3 release.

Another disadvantage of the CPU freq applet is that it doesn't allow
to set the default CPU freq manager (ondemand vs conservative vs etc.)
so that the setting is retained between different sessions. Whenever
the user logs in again, she has to fiddle with the applet to set the
freq manager again, which gets annoying in the long run.

I was wondering if the g-p-m configuration UI is actually a better
place for configuring the CPU freq manager -- on both the
discoverability and consistency fronts.

However I am not really sure about how this will work with the GNOME
plumbing thingie which is being brainstormed lately.

Thanks,

----
Stefano