Re: [gpm] ACPI -correct without AC- measures a power of ~720 Watts when AC is plugged in

On 26/09/2009, Peter Waller <peter waller gmail com> wrote:
> This is making gnome-power-manager incorrectly report time-to-empty and
> time-to-full by a significant margin, enough to make the estimates useless
> (2 minutes to completely fill an empty battery?).

Smeels like a kernel bug...

> I guess I need to talk to the kernel ACPI guys to get it fixed there, but I
> was wondering if it would be possible to have an option in GPM to ignore
> these obviously ridiculous values.

Well, it would be a DeviceKit-power feature request. Arguably, we
should just finish the time estimation work in DeviceKit-power and
turn it on by default. Then this sort of bug wouldn't happen.