Re: [gpm] The suspend and hibernate menu items

Hey Richard and the list,

2009/9/14 Richard Hughes
I'm thinking the suspend and hibernate menu items (when you left click
the battery icon) don't really work. The icon isn't shown if there are
no battery devices, and in some cases it's only shown when the
batteries are discharging or critical, so it's not always there. I'm
thinking of setting the GConf keys to default false for 2.27.x and
removing the functionality completely for 2.29. The user can still
click system -> shutdown -> suspend, or setup a icon on the panel to
do this, or if a laptop just shut the lid. What do you think?

I, as most it seems, have never used these.
whenever I do call shutdown / hibernate (...) from the menu (ie not from hw keys), I use the Gnome menu.

moreover, I also found these inapropriate and redundant with the system menu.
so, removing these is very welcome.

cheers,
Arnaud
--