Re: [gpm] The suspend and hibernate menu items Click to flag this post

on 2009/9/14 Richard Hughes wrote:
    [...] The user can still
    click system -> shutdown -> suspend, or setup a icon on the panel to
    do this, or if a laptop just shut the lid. What do you think?

I think those menu entries didn't do any harm at all and I was really missing them. At least now i know there's supposed to be some g-conf key somewhere, which I'll be looking for now.

Anyway - thanks for writing gnome-power-manager in the first place, Richard. I think it's a nice application all in all.

Would be glad if i could get those menu entries back though. I know there are other ways to hibernate, but it happend to be my method of choice to click on these entries as it's only 2 clicks - compared to three through the system menu. ... :-)

cheers

patrick