Re: [gpm] [Patch] Remove the icon attachment when showing the battery capacity warning

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 12:03 +0530, Pramod Dematagoda wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> When I used to use GPM version 2.24 in Fedora 9, I always found that the
> notification indication a low battery capacity was in the right place
> where I expected it to be(at least the location was constant). However
> once I switched to Fedora 11, all of a sudden the notification was
> showing up somewhere just floating, pointing to no apparent icon, I
> suppose this is because the notification is shown before the gnome power
> manager icon can be shown on the notification area.
>
> Therefore I decided to create a patch where the status icon pointer is
> temporarily set to NULL while showing the capacity warning, but is
> restored once the notification is shown which at least makes the
> notification come up somewhere sensible.
>
> By the way, I hope this is the right place to propose patches, if I made
> a mistake, my apologies for having done so.:)
>
> Regards,
> Pramod Dematagoda

Hello again, just wondering if I could get some feedback related to the
patch I sent. Is the patch bad or am I doing things the wrong way by
submitting patches here? I would just really appreciate some sort of
reply here.:)

Regards,
Pramod Dematagoda