[gpm] ambient light sensor and backlit keyboard visual feedbacks

Hello, I have a laptop with a hardware ambient light sensor, and
backlit keyboards. I would like to know if it's possible to add a
visual feedback to gnome power manager, when I hit the hotkeys to
manage them (I would like a notification like the ones which appear
when using the panel brightness hotkeys)

I currently don't know the keycodes.

If this is not the right mailing list, sorry!