Re: [gpm] OSD with compiz

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 12:14 +0000, Paul Ionescu wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi, long time no speak! I hope you are well.

> On a Fedora 9 system
> sound OSD ( when you press the volume/mute keys
> on a keyboard) are different for standard screen vs. compiz (Desktop
> effects enabled):
> - when the desktop effects are enabled, the OSD is a big
> semi-transparent
> box with the sound/mute action in it.
> - when the desktop effects are disabled, the OSD is a small opaque
> box
> with the sound/mute action in it.
>
> I want to activate the same behavior for the g-p-m OSD (brightness up/
> down, etc) but I don't know how to do it.

There's a patch in bugzilla for this somewhere - until recently I
couldn't test this (no composite support) - but I now have a shiny new
Intel graphics laptop so hopefully we can make the UI's look all flashy.

If you want to find the patch in bugzilla and modify it so that it
applies svn trunk I'll make sure it gets in. If not, point me at the
patch and I'll see what I can do (am on a plane at the moment).

Thanks,