[gpm] power manager brightness applet problemacklight

I am trying to dim my backlight but couldn't achieve till now. I am
using hardy and with a nvidia geforce5600 card and hardy-proposed
nvidia driver is installed. I am able to set the brightness via
nvidia-settings but i want to make my backlight dimmer.

The gnome power manager brightness applet is not being able to change
the brightness, it is not even flickering the screen or i can not see
any errors. Maybe it is a problem related with the Nvidia driver but i
need to define the problem. I tried to set the brihtness by usinf
dbus-send by setting or getting the
org.freedesktop.PowerManagement.Backlight but i couldn't see any
output when i run the hald verbose mode.

I also tried xbacklight and smartdimmer too but couldnt get any result
from them. So something is missing or wrong.

Maybe it is a bug.

Here is my form post if you need some log files:

I may supply more details if necessary.

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe