Re: [gpm] (gnome-)power-manager

2008/2/25, Tomáš Šafařík <safarik server cz>:
> Hi,
>
>  I'd like to ask (or consider it as suggestion) if developers of g-p-m
>  ever tought about idea of making g-m-p more like network-manager. I mean
>  having independent daemon and set of clients for gnome, kde, console
>  etc. i was thinking abut this recently and also previous Dan's email
>  reminded me this.

seconded+++
This is not the first time I see such a request, and it would make the
life easier for our KDE / Xfce / <insert your prefered WM / env
here...>

Moreover, this would also:
- federate the various FLOSS PM effort, and gather more resource to
work on this,
- solve the UPS support problem for Integrated Power Management on
servers (so console only).
Well I don't see the need for console support apart from the above, or
possibly resurrecting an old laptop as a "headless" server...

Maybe logging a feature request in the tracker would help.

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com