Re: [gpm] Gutsy suspends, then hibernates

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 12:53 -0400, Andor J Kiss wrote:
> Got a weird problem - might be DBUS related, but I think I might fix it
> at the level of the GPM config file.
>
> When I have "Put computer to sleep after 1 hour" on AC power selected,
> the machine is suspended (not hibernated).  Upon waking up from suspend
> everything is normal, but the machine immediately hibernates.  Then
> resume from hibernation is totally fine.
>
> This is claimed to be a DBUS error, but is GPM calling the "wrong"
> action?  I.e.  Is it suspending, and then hibernating?  If so, can this
> be fixed/modified at the level of the GPM config file to just hibernate?
>
> I really haven't mucked with anything like this before.
>
> see bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/181729

This is more likely to be caused by the updates to HAL that happened
around that timeframe.  There were many power management related fixes
in that update.

In order to test it is usually best to use the command line and send the
commands directly to HAL.  If those do the same behavior it is a HAL
issue and not a GPM one:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingGNOMEPowerManager#head-2032a88e3ccaf7bd0f270f78c2871417f4361329

		--Ted