[gpm] bug in gnome-power-manager?

hello,

please first sorry about my bad english, but i will try to explain my
problem, running ubuntu gutsy gibbon 7.10:

may be after automatic update of the gnome-power-manager, my laptop
(DELL inspiron 9400) does not switch into battery-mode anymore. in my
panel i do have a new power-plug icon wich does not change any more when
pulling the power cord and running in battery mode. i also do not have
any possibilities to change anything for the battery mode because i only
have left a mode for powermode with AC. this icon also do not change
when using an other icon theme.

i hope you can help me further.

sincerely,

aimo