Re: [gpm] PowerTop and GPM causing Xorg doing work??

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 10:30 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> Not sure if anyone has heard/read but the new Linux util from Intel
> "PowerTop" has a statement (1 line) that asks if GPM is making Xorg work
> excessively and causing power drain.

True. In the latest g-p-m I've slowed down the polling. What we really
need is a fixed XOrg where DPMS changes actually trigger a DPMS event so
we can work async. Until then we have to poll.

I think ajax is working on the X side of things, although DPMS isn't the
nicest of protocols IMO.