[gpm] enabling suspend via g-p-m in debian etch

Hi

Just a short note about gnome-power-manager and debian etch, since I
think it might help others (and maybe deserve to end in some FAQ ?):

Suspend to ram was initially not working after a fresh install of
debian etch on a couple of dell laptops (D400 and D600). At the same
time, echo mem > /sys/power/state was working great. After some
digging in /usr/lib/hal/scripts/, I've found the culprit: for some
reason s2ram (from package uswsusp) was tried before
/etc/acpi/sleep.sh. And this s2ram was simply doing nothing.

So, if suspend isn't working for you under gnome in etch, you can
simply try to remove the package uswsusp, it worked for me.

Best regards,

Pierre Letouzey

PS: please CC me answers, I'm not registered on this list