Re: [gpm] Running on Battery missing

Sorry for the delay, it's been a manic week.

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 09:21 +0000, Tiaan Wessels wrote:
> I have hooked my PC up to an APC UPC and connected the supplied USB
> cable. I then get a battery icon in the icon tray on my Fedora Core 5
> machine.

Hmm. You should have a UPS icon, not a battery icon.

> When choosing the Preferences menu option here or from the
> System/Preference/More Preferences menu I notice that the 'Running on
> Battery' tab is missing which I saw in the on-line documentation. As
> such, I cannot change the 'what if' settings to shutdown when the
> battery reaches critical. I have tested it when removing AC power. I
> get frequent warnings from the little battery icon that I'm running
> low on power but when the battery is done for, the power is cut but
> before the machine ever tried to shutdown. Could anyone please cast
> some light here. Thanks

It sounds like g-p-m is getting confused about batteries and UPS's. Can
you attach the output of:

killall gnome-power-manager
gnome-power-mananger --verbose --no-daemon

Although, I wouldn't mind betting it would just work with the version of
g-p-m used in FC6. Maybe one to test.

Thanks,