Re: [gpm] Are there certain devices / old drivers which are known to always have problems resuming from suspend?

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 19:03 -0400, Jason Spiro wrote:
> Are there certain things which are known to always have problems
> resuming from suspend?  (e.g. certain hardware devices, or certain old
> drivers, or certain combinations of the two)  If so, could
> gnome-power-manager ship with a list of such things?  Then, g-p-m
> could set all the power preferences to "never suspend" when you first
> start up Gnome on an affected PC.

I would rather put the quirks in the hardware driver (so it does
suspend) or just fix the driver. In my experience, if you work round the
problem in the short term, the long term problems never get fixed.