Re: [gpm] Power Manager Upgrade

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 09:23 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> So we start from a blank sheet of paper (hypothetically) : what settings
> should we expose in a power management UI?
>
> I would appreciate if everyone could comment and tell me what they think
> of the old and new UI's and if they have any suggestions.

Programmers are, in general, notoriously bad at UI design so bringing
this up on a technical list like this is just a bad idea unless you just
want to these kind of users to validate that More Options Are Cool(tm).

Wrt. suggestions can I suggest that you rescan the utopia-list archives
back from 2005 when you started this thing? For example, Bryan gave some
good advice here

 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/utopia-list/2005-April/msg00057.html
 http://www.gnome.org/~clarkbw/designs/power/sleep%20time.png

that should save some space and enhance usability in the 2.16-ish
dialog.

Anyway, I don't have the expertise to really contribute (why I've copied
Bryan initially) nor the inclination for another one of those threads
especially since we've been over it already.

But, anyway, I thought I'd bring up my opinion (because I care) and will
leave it to you to do the right thing instead of regressing.

Good luck,
David