[gpm] CPU throttling based on CPU temperature

Hi,

Apologies if this question is posted to the wrong place; I couldn't
find an answer in the GNOME Power Manager FAQ.

My problem is: I would like to set power management to
"max performance but never CPU temperature over x degrees celcius."
(in an AC-powered but quiet environment.)

Currently, it seems I can only set

"max performance," which under heavy load makes CPU temperature exceed
                   fan-switch-on temperature, or

"max powersave," which keeps the fan quiet, but reduces performance.

Is there some way for me to set the CPU throttling based on
CPU temperature?

Regards,

-- Arne
Arne Glenstrup