Re: [gpm] Removing kernel modules before hibernate

On Mon 20. Nov - 19:10:02, Neil Klepeis wrote:
> Hi,  I searched the archives but couldn't find a way to do remove kernel
> modules on hibernate or suspend actions.
>
> I get a "Kernel Panic" on hibernate unless I first remove the snd_hdsp
> kernel module for my RME HDSP PC card.   Doing a "/sbin/rmmod snd_hdsp"
> allows the hibernate and re-animation to work perfectly.
>
> Is there any easy way to have g-p-m remove the module automatically
> before hibernate and then reload the module on restart?
>
> Thanks.
>
> System:  Fedora core 6 on a thinkpad T42p.

Fodora core 6 should have the pm-utils infrastructure for suspend. So
there should be a file /etc/pm/config where you can enter broken modules
as a workaround.

But please make sure to report this bug at your distribution or
bugzilla.kernel.org.

Regards,
	Holger