Re: [gpm] Problems Under FC5 (gmane: message 5 of 20)

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 21:26 -0400, Chris Spencer wrote:
> Richard Hughes wrote:
> > On 12/05/06, Chris Spencer <gmane 20 evilspam spamgourmet com> wrote:
> >> I've been using GPM under FC5 for several days now, and I've been having
> >> several problems.
> >
> > It should work well with FC5, so apologies.
> >
> >> First, there doesn't appear to be anyway to manually initiate
> >> hibernation, even though it's listed as an option under preferences.
> >> Neither suspend or hibernate appear in the popup menu as shown in some
> >> of your screen shots. Interestingly, the preferences don't list suspend,
> >> even though Gnome's System->Shutdown offers this option (although it
> >> doesn't seem to do anything).

Ahh, post exam beers clarity. :-)

I remember, Ray Strode did lots of work integrating g-p-m with
gnome-panel and so I provided him with a configure argument
"--enable-actions-menu" that allows the fc5 package to hide the extra
options.

A few people (I guess like yourself) didn't like this, so I provided the
same functionality in a gconf key (so *users* could toggle the behaviour
if required) but this only exists in the 2-15 branch as it's not a
bugfix, but a feature.

You've got two options.

* Recompile the src.rpm with the --enable-actions-menu flag,
* Use the experimental 2-15 rpm's in my utopia repo.

Give me a shout if you need a hand with either.