Re: [gpm] Notification Icon issue

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 18:14 +0200, Nil Gradisnik wrote:
> Hi, I'm having major anoyance with Gnome Power Manager and the icons
> that appear in Gnome notification area. Running updated FedoraCore5
>
> The batery icons on my laptop are all messed up. Most of the time my
> icon is gpm-primary-missing.png. Sometimes it changes to
> gpm-primary-charged.png or some other, I don't know exactly. What is
> the deal with this ?

gpm-primary-missing.png means that your battery is telling us incorrect
info (i.e. are not reporting states via HAL correctly).

> I remember in older version of gnome power manager I think 0.3.6, the
> last one before the 2.14.x was working fine, the icons were changing
> correctly. I even compiled the 2.15.1 version today, I love the new
> Tango icons, but they are not showing my battery state !

Well thanks about the icons... :-)

> One other thing, if I'm on AC power the tooltip says how much time
> before charged, but if on battery power it;s just the percent, no time
> remaining ?

Probably due to the charging bug above.

> I love the effort behind this project and I'd like to use it, but I
> can't. Event the Gnome Battery Charge Monitor can display icons like
> it should and show me the remaining time.

Yes, the two systems use HAL in different ways. I think g-p-m is more
strict with the "logic" in the states, which lets us do cool things that
you can't do with the applet.

So, as a way forward, when the applet is returning the "broken" icon,
can you please attach the output of lshal to your reply please, and I'll
see what the problem is.

I love (semi-)broken hardware. :-)