Re: [gpm] GPM-2.14 - Whereis the HardWare Info Tab?

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 13:13 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 17:35 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > I have xscreensaver. Why does it call gnome-screensaver? or rather, why
> > does it call the screensaver? Shouldn't it just be "blank screen"?
>
> Yes, gnome-screensaver is required for this to work. Lots of information
> in the FAQ.

in the FAQ Entry
[FAQ]
Why doesn't DPMS work when I've enabled it in XScreenSaver?
It's enabled for xscreensaver, not gnome-screensaver. XSS is the legacy
system that will be replaced with gnome-screensaver very soon. You
probably need to install this package, and then g-p-m will automatically
work with gnome-screensaver to use the DPMS settings of your monitor.
[/FAQ]

I've got to ask, why can't it use the Xorg's Xset program w/ DPMS to
blank the screen?
gg: '/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -display :0 dpms force off'

Would a patch be welcomed? (just asking, before I go ahead and look at
the code)

(my moving towards patching it is still low since I get that from my
current acpid implementation; which I'm pretty fond of now)

> > Attached is a patch to the gpm man page. Please comment/approve.
>
> Yes, good to commit, thanks. I guess you've got gnome commit, if not I
> can do it for you.

Nope.  I don't have commit access. Please commit if possible.

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!