Re: [gpm] Video not restored after s3 suspend on Intel Extreme graphics 2 card

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 08:14 +0000, John Hunt wrote:
> Thanks Richard, this was the solution I was looking for, however, I
> couldn't get it to work. Using my little cat /proc/bus/pci/(gfx card) >
> /tmp/videostate almost worked, however, things were quite scrambled on
> restoring it.

Hmm. I'm no video guy.

> Not sure where to go from here. I tried several combinations of using
> the script with echo mem > /sys/power/state (which seemed to work better
> than /usr/sbin/pm-suspend.

What about if you remove all the existing stuff in the hal script and
just add the old script that worked?

> I get the feeling it's something to do with cairo or some kind of funny
> xorg module.

Likely X, cairo shouldn't be affecting things.

> Let me know if you have any ideas! Perhaps a preventative measure would
> be better...

Hmm. Might be best to ask one of the X.org guys, or hang out in IRC for
a bit, I'm no expert, sorry.