Re: [gpm] cpu idle / hot corners
- From: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- To: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Cc: gnome-power-manager-list gnome org, screensaver-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gpm] cpu idle / hot corners
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:57:30 +0000
On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 12:45 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 18:20 +0100, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> > I like the idea of hot corners. Since according to fitts law the corners
> > should contain also contain stuff like the show desktop button I think
> > there needs to be some delay.
> > I guess we need to make a hot corners capplet and integrate the
> > functionality into gnome-settings daemon. IMHO it would be a great
> > addition for GNOME 2.16.
> Agreed... this would be handy for power users indeed.
> Until then, can we please rip out the current "do not suspend when cpu
> is not idle" code? It's just very confusing I think.
I'll make it a gconf configurable, default off -- then I can hack on the
code and allow people to experiment.
] [Thread Prev