Re: [gpm] If you want bleeding edge...

Hi Richard,

--- Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:

> >         I'm not
> >         sure if the repo version has the legends implemented -- you
> >         might want
> >         to try cvs for some real lovin'.

I just compiled g-p-m from cvs to test the "Clear" button, and it works fine.
Also some bugs regarding the dots are corrected, but right now all dots are on the timescale
itself instead of the graph (maybe this is intended).
Here are some other thoughts:
- In the event log, near the seconds, a human readable date/time (like "Sat Apr 15, 15:35:40")
would be nice to have.
- I cannot change the idle brightness of the screen and is always 30%. I tried with gconf-editor,
but it seems that the laptop_panel_dim_brightness key is ignored.
- On battery, I have set the brightness to 0%, which works well, but then, after the idle timeout,
the lcd is bumped to 30%. So I think that maybe we need to check if the idle brightness is higher
than the current LCD brightness, and if it is, ignore the change. Otherwise we end up wasting more
power.
- I cannot find a way to launch the "Power information" window without left click on the gpm icon
and select it from there. Is there such a way ? If not, how do we launch it if the icon is hiding.

Thanks,
Paul