Re: Next GNOME-Office release.

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 21:06 +1000, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
> But I meant for Windows.

Yeah, it seems I misunderstood the meaning of your previous sentence <:)

> Rui, if you can get fedora, Suse and Mandrake to package us this way I
> would be *really* grateful. Right now, Fedora has AbiWord-2.0.5 which
> lacks about 100 bug fixes compared to our 1 month old Abiword-2.0.7

I did it once, but then savannah was cracked :|

> I fear we will have to use our resources to distrubte Gnome-Office until
> we can train all the upstream distros to properly maintain us.

I think that if we made really good packages that could integrate
directly with distribution's repo's would be better than maintaining our
own.

For starters, I could see what I would have to change in order to fit
better the fedora.us and freshrpms/dag repositories.

> For example Mandrake doesn't even include us in their mainline distro. If
> you can convince them to distribute us I would be very grateful.

This I pretty much doubt. I've never even used Mandrake...

> So although I meant "For Windows" it would actually be very nice to have a
> nice graphical installer for Linux which would automatically do the right
> thing for every distro (or at least all the most common  ones.)

synaptic is what you want (or a similar application).

Single installers are for the brain-dead-no-package-sense-Windows world
and should be avoided at all costs.

Rui