Re: [gnome-love] License of images

Anatoly,

the source code to Gnome Mines is here:

  https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-mines/tree/

In its home directory it has a COPYING file containing the GPL v2:

  https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-mines/tree/COPYING

The 'data' directory, which contains the icons, has no other licensing information:

  https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-mines/tree/data

The About box has a License button that displays this text:

  Mines is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

I am not a lawyer, but given everything above I personally would not hesitate to use any of the gnome-mines icons in a GPLv3 project.

adam