Re: [gnome-love] getting started in gtk+ development

Thank you so much for the information, Mario.

I am trying to build using jhbuild only.

-Anand.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Mario Marin <mmfmarin gmail com> wrote:
> Can you please explain what is the difference between the dev environment
> setup by building GTK (and other Gnome projects) from > source and the
> method described here: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeDeveloperKit ?

Hello Anand,

GnomeDeveloper kit is a full linux distribution and source building is
a process independent from any distro. GnomeDeveloper is based on
Foresight Linux, a project that is dormant according to
distrowatch.com.

I think it is better to build gnome from source, you don't have to
deal with the usual bugs when you try a new distribution.

--
Regards,

Mario Marín