Re: [gnome-love] Project idea : presentation tool for the GNOME desktop

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 21:18 +0100, Stéphane Maniaci wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to apply for the GNOME GSoC program with the goal to create a
simple, efficient and pretty presentation tool for the GNOME Desktop.
I've tried a bunch of tools like OO.org Impress, Google Docs, and even
Beamer, but never achieved the slick result a friend of mine can do in
~30 seconds with Apple Keynote.

For the technical parts, Clutter + GTK seems the best couple out
there. I'm familiar with both, although I've never wrote a whole app
with them. Luckily, my favourite programming languages are C and
Python, but I think I would stick to C to take profit of the latest
addition in Clutter (the Python bindings are not always up-to-date).

I'd be glad to hear any feedback about this,

It sounds like a good idea, but you would have to come up with a more
concrete plan in your proposal, including timing, as well as
intermediate and final goals for the project.

Given the nature of the problem, you'd probably need to mention that you
would carry on maintaining the project after your first bout with the
code.

Cheers