Re: [gnome-love] GSoC 2010 Proposal (fast image viewer)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:56:19 -0300
Célio Ishikawa <nassifudeu gmail com> wrote:

Very interesting, go ahead!
And about gThumb, many people don´t know, but that´s focus is not be a
simple viewer, it has many features and will have plug-ins in the
future.
That´s problem of free software: people don´t pay ando so they
understimate the programs...

Yes, gThumb is very nice peace of software. I use eog for individual
not so angry images for fast and simple viewing. But you now, gthumb is
a bit lazy with huge photographs from my scanner (20Mpx) and RAW images.
I need something more easy-to-use with huge collection of RAW files and
scans that can be viewed smoothly on my HP mini. My opinion is that
image processing should be done mostly by the video card on that
hardware.

--
best regards,
Aleksey Kunitskiy