Re: [gnome-love] Wifi connection trouble

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:09:34 +0200, Dubon Dubas <dubonadas gmail com> wrote:

I do not know if it is a network manager bug because I think interfaces can
be managed by network-manager or by /etc/network/interfaces but not both,
simultaneously. What do you think?

As far as I remember this is _not_ a bug but on purpose. The idea is that either NetworkManager
handles all networking stuff or some other application/mechanism.
For example the network management from gnome system tools modify that file. Since it has no interoperation with NetworkManager it is best for NM to stop working if it sees that other
mechanisms have modified the file.

Regards

--
Christian Kirbach