Re: [gnome-love] gnome-terminal scroll changes

I seem to have found the root of the problem. Christian was right,
gnome-terminal never had that feature. Gentoo included a patch for
vte-0.11.18 to add line scrolling. For vte-0.12.2 this patch is not
included, that's why that feature stopped working after I upgraded. So
I'll continue this discussion with the gentoo people and try to figure
out a way to add this patch to vte-0.12.2. For the time being I get line
scrolling back by using gnome-terminal-2.14.2 with vte-0.11.18.

However, I'd like to express my opinion here that gnome should include
this one line scroll patch into the main source of vte. I think it is a
really neat and useful feature. And as Christian said, the lack of this
feature made him not use gnome-terminal.

Jose