[gnome-love] Giving up on compiling GNOME :( [Was: Compiling 2.15.4]

As you've seen I've struggle dover the last few weeks with compiling
GNOME, first 2.15.4 then 2.15.90.  It's been painful, though still a bit
of fun.  In the end it turned out to be too much work.

All I really wanted was to grab epiphany from CVS and compile it.  It
seemed like a good idea to take the road less travelled and compile all
of GNOME 2.15 to make sure I got all the dependencies.  It turns out the
road less travelled is so for a reason.

I still managed to compile epiphany, but I based it on Debian's own
packages as far as I could---I only used jhbuild to compile glib and
gtk+.  That was all I needed in the end.

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again
and expecting different results.
     -- Albert Einstein