[gnome-love] jhbuild and setgid

I'm hoping somebody here can help me.  I've been happily building
things with jhbuild for quite some time now.  But sometime in the last
couple of days, things just stopped working.  I have no idea what the
cause was, but now I keep getting this error:

$ jhbuild build -a fontconfig
*** Checking out fontconfig *** [1/1]

cvs -z3 -q -d :pserver:anoncvs anoncvs freedesktop org:/cvs/fontconfig
update -dP -r fc-2_4_branch .
*** Configuring fontconfig *** [1/1]

./autogen.sh --prefix /opt/gnome2 --libdir '${exec_prefix}/lib64'
--enable-maintainer-mode --disable-static --disable-gtk-doc
Running aclocal -I /opt/gnome2/share/aclocal
/opt/gnome2/share/aclocal/nspr.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition
of AM_PATH_NSPR
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/opt/gnome2/share/aclocal/audiofile.m4:12: warning: underquoted
definition of AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE
Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running setgid at
/usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/File.pm line 70.
*** error during stage configure of fontconfig: could not configure
module *** [1/1]

Essentially, any time I need to reconfigure anything, it gives an
error about setgid.  I haven't seen anything like this.  Does anybody
know what might have changed?  It doesn't seem like a jhbuild problem
necessarily since it's a perl error, so it must be related to
autotools (?).

thanks,
Jonner