Re: [gnome-love] where do I start asking for help?

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 15:43, James Goldwater wrote:

I've just installed (with a bit of pain!) gnome 2.6 on by debian sarge
box, using jhbuild and patience (PII )-: ), and it works, apart from I
have various .desktop files (starthere.desktop, dragging epiphany to the
desktop creates epiphany.desktop etc) which have a mime-type of
text/plain.  Also, help opens up as xml in a browser.

Sounds like you don't have $XDG_DATA_DIRS set to an appropriate value
(usually <wherever-you-installed-gnome>/share) before gnome-session
kicks off.  Exactly where you set it might depend on how you start
GNOME; I have it in my gnome2 gdm session file.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group

                Made in Scotland, from girders.