Re: gnome config problem (I think)

In message <3702F0F1.D68D9BE3@atdot.org>, Ray Clouse writes:
> Here's what happens:
> --
> undertow:~ 61>gnomecc
>
> Gnome-WARNING **: invalid gnome config path '=/section/key'
>

> ** WARNING **:
> You have no entries listed in either
>         /usr/local/share/control-center
> or
>         /usr1/people/clouse/.gnome/control-center
>
> This probably means that either the control-center or GNOME is incorrectly in
>stalled.
>
> --
> Now, I had installed Gnome by compiling all the source, then I got the latest
> (ca. 24
> Mar 99) RPMs and installed that way.  I tried copying everything in
> /usr/local/share/control-center to /usr1/people/clouse/.gnome/control-center,
> but I
> get the same result.
>
> This happens with other programs too, like gnome-terminal.
>
> When I run them as root, however, they *do* come up, but with other warnings:
> --
> [root@undertow clouse]# gnome-terminal
>
> GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
> Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specif
>ied are
> supported and host-based authentication failed.

I got the same error meswages when I executed gmenu from an xterm su'd to
root. I just confirmed the same error as user. If this is a mis-configure
problem, exactly *what* is misconfigured?

Bob

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor@inreach.com            |
| Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a     |
| swimsuit. At 600 dpi you can tell it's wet. At 1200 dpi you   |
| can tell it's painted on. I suppose at 2400 dpi you can tell  |
| if the paint is giving her a rash. (So says Joshua R. Poulson)|