Please make Gnome Color Manager work with the Nvidia driver

Elijah Smith durableinnovations at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 07:40:35 UTC 2010

Hoping some of you very intelligent people can help me get Gnome Color
Manager working on my computer.  So here's my situation.  I'm a photographer
that has said goodbye to windows forever (and photoshop for that matter).
My laptop was stolen while on a trip several weeks ago, so I decided to
upgrade (all my files are well backed up, so no worries).  I got an HP DV7T,
i7-720qm core, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M... which brings me
to my problem.  I am running Ubuntu 9.10, with the Nvidia 195.xx driver.  I
tried to get the Nouveau driver working, but had no luck with that.  When I
open Gnome Color Manager, everything is blank.  There is nothing in any of
the pull down menus or anything.  I read somewhere that Gnome Color Manager
does not yet support the proprietary Nvidia driver.  Is there any way of
getting support for that driver working?  I just did a shoot yesterday and
need to get my monitors calibrated (I have a Huey) so I can start editing.
Please tell me you all can help.
Thanks, Eli

--
Eli Smith