Camera Support

Paul Finnigan paul at fincc.com
Tue Feb 16 12:19:26 UTC 2010

Pascal

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 12:54 +0100, Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Paul Finnigan <paul at fincc.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I decided to attempt to use a profile with my camera. The camera does
> > not appear on the list of devices, even when it is plugged in. Am I
> > missing something? I can import my profiles but I cannot assign them to
> > a device.
>
> Currently assigning camera profiles in GCM has no real function yet,
> since the RAW converters don't use this information.

I knew that, which is why I had not tired it until now. I am looking at
the help pages as I had (stupidly) volunteered and wanted to show an
input device on the menu. My current scanner a Canon Lide 500 does not
work with Sane so I cannot show that.

> > The camera is a Nikon D700. Gnome recognises the camera and allows me to
> > open a nautilus viewer on the memory card, open photographs etc. I can
> > see my camera if I do a lsusb and cat /proc/bus/usb/devices shows:
> >

> snip snip
>

> > So we see the camera connect. Am I missing something?
> >
> > I am running off a copy from the GIT
>
> It works just fine with my EOS 400D as well... Also does your D700
> have a recent firmware?

I would guess not. I have had it over 12 months, and have never had a
need to update the firmware. If I need to I will update the firmware.

--
Paul Finnigan <paul at fincc.com>
Finnigan Computer Consultants Ltd.