Building a library of ICC profiles

Pascal de Bruijn pmjdebruijn at pcode.nl
Sat Feb 13 19:40:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn at pcode.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12 February 2010 10:54, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro at pedrocr.net> wrote:
>>> One thing I
>>> haven't done yet is profiling my camera. How is that done and what is
>>> the benefit? I have a Sony A700 DSLR.
>>
>> That's something you really want to do. We probably want to add a
>> whole load of text in the help file in how to do this (sunny day, etc)
>> but using GCM the process itself should be pretty easy.
>
> I wrote about this here:
>
>  http://blog.pcode.nl/2008/11/15/color-profiling-your-own-dslr-redux/
>
> Though the article is dated, and should be revised... I did make a few
> new discoveries...
>
> For example, I only recently noticed that strobes actually work well
> as reference light for generic profiles...
>
> I'm probably going to do a new blog post over the weekend...
>
> Here are some generic tips van raw photography with UFRaw in general:
>
>  http://blog.pcode.nl/2009/08/23/ufraw-faq/
>
> Most of it should apply to other dcraw based applications as well.

I'm rewriting my article as I type this, it should already be
accessible as a preview:

  http://blog.pcode.nl/?p=551&preview=true

Any comments before I publish? Any thing not clear?

If all goes well (I still need to do some more testing), this article
can be reworked into GCM help.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn