Bug #605259: Colorimeter name in profile description

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:09:51 UTC 2010

On 13 February 2010 10:43, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn at pcode.nl> wrote:
> Currently on my Ubuntu Karmic system, the colorimeter name still isn't
> getting into the profile description...

Hmm, I'm getting "Huey" prepended to my profile.

> Could you give me any pointer how the colorimeter is resolved? And
> where I should look into the sources?

Well, take a look at src/gcm-color-device.c and make sure that the
model and vendor are being set correctly. It's possible you need to
add:

# color calibration device
ENV{COLOR_MEASUREMENT_DEVICE}=="*?", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1",
IMPORT{program}="usb-db %p"

to your 55-Argyll.rules file, if your device doesn't have an entry in
the kernel USB driver. That's what I've done in hargyll, and if it
fixes it for you too, I'll push this patch to Graeme.

Richard