Looking for supporters to provide Richard H with ColorMunki Photo

Paul Finnigan paul at fincc.com
Thu Feb 11 09:54:05 UTC 2010

Hi everyone

Sorry, I took a few days off reading the postings. Thanks Milan for
trying to drive this one.

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 21:01 +0100, Milan Knížek wrote:
> On Richard's blog, Paul Finnigan proposed a donation from users - the
> ColorMunki Photo costs about USD 300 in the U.S. and more then USD 500
> in the U.K., were Richard lives.
>
> The more expensive variant would require about 10 people @ USD 50
> donation each. (Or less donors to buy in the U.S. and someone to
> actually deliver across the ocean.)

I am a photographer who likes to keep up with the Jones' (MS/Apple). To
do this while running Linux I have had to make compromise after
compromise with regard to 'Free' software. This is my own choice and I
am not complaining about it. As an example I have paid for the Turbo
Linux printer drivers. I have to say they are good, I do not begrudge
the author his 29 euros.

If I want free software then I believe it will cost me money at times.
What Richard is providing is something, as a photographer, I have wanted
for some time. He is also providing the source to the community. I know
others are involved (thanks to everyone who is helping).

I admit my suggestion of $50 was perhaps high. I just thought that as I
know that TurboLinux drivers are popular with photographers I could
pitch in a little above that price ($38). I am sure that we as a
community can support ourselves. Look at what the Gnome community has
already done. What is being asked here is that we get some hardware for
a key developer to ensure that the software does what we all want, to
help us manage colour.

To get the ball rolling we need to set up an account. I am willing to
let Richard have my $50 even if we do not reach the target of $500. If
Richard or anyone else would like to mail me directly my address is paul
at fincc dot com.

--
Paul Finnigan