metadata

Pascal de Bruijn pmjdebruijn at pcode.nl
Mon Dec 7 15:14:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like there are problems writing unicode text into icc
> metadata or reading from it.
>
> http://img39.imagefra.me/img/img39/1/12/7/prokoudine/f_0m_948cb9f.png
>
> Exhibit 1 is description of the profile that is obviously RU
> translation of "Custom"
>
> Exhibit 2 is copyright field that seems to be suffering from more or
> less same thing.

This actually begs a bigger question: Should we even try to
internationalize metadata contents?

I'd prefer not... It would make exchanging ICC profiles
internationally harder...

Say, one day, we make a big repository of ICC profiles which are ready
to go for people who don't have a colorimeter. I'd be pretty crappy
for someone in Germany to see Russian in the metadata? I'd prefer to
stick to English...

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn