Support for B9100

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:30:15 UTC 2009

2009/12/3 Unknown <info at justinsseasonaltreasures.com>:
> Will there be support for color management of the B9100?

I assume you mean the HP printer. At the moment ArgyllCMS has some
support for generating print profiles, but CUPS does not have a way to
set the ICC profile for the device. This needs much more work (for the
session CUPS process to talk to GCM and get the current profile for
the device) before it will be a case of plug and play. Apple did a lot
of the CUPS work, but we need to flesh that out for Linux. For using
hplip it's a bit different, and we probably need to support that too.
Either way, more help is really welcome.

If you just want to assign a profile to a device, and then select that
in an application, that should work now.

Richard.