Re: GNOME 2.0 Schedule

On 11 Oct 2001, Chris Phelps wrote:

[snip - something I agree with]

> I realize that Sun wants to use GNOME as it's next generation desktop,
> and thus would like the community to follow it's lead in becoming a
> "commercialized" desktop. To some extent this is an extremly valuable
> service to the community. Testing facilities, libraries like atk, etc
> are all things that GNOME needs. GNOME needs a UI freeze like I need
> another hole in my head. The community is what makes GNOME great, don't
> try and cut the little guy out of the loop or we'll end up cutting our
> own throats and killing the whole project.

yes - i really can't understand what kind of evil demented bug bit Stehen
and Glynn (and where) that they feel like walking around giving off Sun is
about to institute some kind of no UI changes between major releases
policy (lets not get into the 'huh? how?' part) for gnome.

We really are (well, ok, maybe me excepted) basicly good guys.

> Later,
> Chris

	Sander,
		now, UI freezes during the releases is another matter

I haven't been vampired. You've been Weatherwaxed.