Re: [Re: gnome-libs 2.0 API]

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> wrote:
> ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org> writes:
>
> > On 22 Jun 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:
> >
> > > Basically we can do the same as with GnomeDock: move GnomeMDI to
libcompat
> > > and deprecate it and develop a new BonoboMDI.
> >
> > Is there a writeup available of the problem space BonoboMDI is to solve?
> > Just to enable us to have a meaningful discussion here.
>
> The GNOME 2.0 version of GnomeMDI contains a (preliminary) version of
> window-in-window support (like in MS Office, for instance).
>
> I think we should enance GnomeMDI to make it a really good multi document
> interface, but IMO something like this should be developed in whatever
> application will make use of it and not in the core libraries.

I don't see why such a generalised interface should be reinvented in each
application,
BUT
There is not enough time to reimplement this for GNOME 2.0

ALSO
Personally, I don't think that GNOME should encourage the use of both MDI and
SDI on the same desktop.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com